Vancouver + the island get-away

Apr 4 - April 11, 2019
Vancouver island and big city getaway adventures

( lots of videos and pictures)

we stayed at an Airbnb 2 blocks away from the Rogers Arena
in Vancouver for 2 nights.  We went to see PINK in concert.







Stanley Park visit













She sang and did her acrobatics around the
arena as she sang and performed steadily for 2 hours!





We then went to visit my very good friend since Grade 5, Sandy. She lives on
the island at Qualicum Beach










We did the Wonky Woods hiking trail
very interesting and funny 

 lots of skunk cabbage in these woods






and did alot of catching up since I saw her 6 years ago!



we visited the Northern Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
and I was really touched with this non-government funded
rescue place

  Eagles, falcons, ravens are injured by people shooting at their
wings and they are brought into the centre so they can survive until their
wings grow back.  Some stay forever depending on the injury,.


I fell in love with the Owls
these 2 Barred Owls only had one eye each;
so they will not leave the recovery centre



Fishermans Wharf








We also stopped in at Nanaimo to see my friend
I met while in college in Saskatoon,  We have kept in
touch and I saw her 6 years ago as well.
She made me a quilt - I could not believe it! 

she got all my colours and she chose island blues and
gold and material her daughter brought back from Vietnam.  So lovely!



going back home to fly from Vancouver Airport




This was a great trip!  loved it and thanks to my friends for making
it so much fun.

No comments:

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!