things come back

It was a few days ago when we were outside by the barn getting the horses
saddled and I was cold.  I went into the tack room and plugged in the
heater to warm up for a few moments and I noticed these boardname plaques lying on the floor.

I had forgotten about these.
Wow the one with Graham's name
written in rope was sweet. He made that at a 4-H night. 
 I made theboard signs for all the horses
many years ago and in the move
I am glad these travelled with us.

It was very heart warming to see these.  
Must do something creative with
them someday?

We don't have horse stalls for each
of our horses  in our new barn just one
big open stall and the other stall
we use to store our square hay bales.



This saddle here was my very first saddle that we paid $200-300$ back in the day
We use it for horse training on the colts now as it is small and light.

Lots of nervous green-rider days this brings back!


on another topic.....
I found out a year ago that I have only 61% lung capacity use
which means I have COPD and it has taken me until a few
days ago to understand what that means.

I can breath in and INhale with no problem.  It is the expirations/exhaling
that I have a problem with.  That is what COPD means.  I did smoke
30 years ago and was exposed to more chemical with cleaning products like most
of us did and we are now so aware of in this present time thank goodness.

I have a special inhaler I use 2 times a day and also I must practice my exhales.
I pretend to 'smell a rose and then blow out a candle', henceforth the
pursed lips.  I have trouble getting rid of the CO2 in my system as their is
an obstruction with my lungs; this exercise helps
alot.  



health is important and as I get older I don't like finding
out stuff like this.  My second lung testing showed a slight improvement from a
year ago.  

Signing off I want to add that:

It is Nov 11th Rememberance Day.  
Thank you to our Veterans and the soldiers who fought bravely 
and their families who sacrificed a loved one!
There are many of us that know what that is like.






No comments:

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!