Poverpol magic

i spent an afternoon with my friend
learning how to sculpt with this unique glue called Paverpol.

This is a textile/fabric glue that is initiated and can only
be purchased from Holland, of course there are distributors in Canada that can provide it too.
 I believe Amazon has a bit of it.

My friend took this class in Saskatoon
and wanted to show me how to make it.

here is the armature wire to sculpt and make the form 
We used
a styrofoam block for a stand, a block of wood, and then
to apply the shape with foil and secure with masking tape we used
the copper wire to shape shoulders and a shape to insert styrofoam
egg in for the head




The glue was a bronze/brown colour. 
Built the body with foil and shaped it with masking tape to hold the shape.

I cut strips of 100% cotton into squares or angled strips
and just dipped each cloth strip in the paverpol glue and work it
with your hands to cover completely. Applied each strip to wood armature
and let it fold and hang to your liking and then keep adding
more glue covered strips until it is to your sculpting satisfaction.

 A pin for the nose and that completed her face.





it hardens like a block of wood and it weathers' the outside for
decks or gardens, depending on what you make.  It lasts and weathers
wherever you place it.



and here we are!

My hubby was amazed and gave this craft a name
of Marguerite!

My friend has created 2 sculptures and is considering
instructing classes in the future.

I thank her for sharing this afternoon with me so I can
be super crafty!

No comments:

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!