it must come down

High Blood Pressure is a well kept secret of the amount of pressure your blood is running through your arteries.

I had my vitals report from the doctor in January and he took my blood pressure.  Everything went up my blood sugar too.



But how does one fix that when I am already on a good diet and I have been working out 3 times a week.  I had also just returned from a vacation in Mexico?  sooooo what brought this pressure up?

It took me some time to figure it out and my neck has been aggravating my left shoulder once again and i was worried about my shoulder and not being able to get it relaxed and all the massages and appts to possibly help me out with it was a stressor ;  then my weight was bothering me I started to think I was getting very fat but it was just the muscle I developed over the last few months of swimming laps.  I am doing 15 - 20 50 metre (olympic lengths) twice a week now.  I walk outside alot too.

What is going on I am retired and have a good life in the country.  I thought it was family and possibly it was that ?  didn't make sense my family has had it's frustrations because we work at  being a close knit family but really we are a respectful family.  I respect my siblings and families and parents; we don't always understand how we live each others lives;  I was brought up with judging people and I love my parents and the ways they cared for me to the best of their ability.

Here is what I went back to for lowering the blood pressure (IT MUST COME DOWN):
  1. massage to relax that neck/work on that shoulder stuff - massage therapist is my yoga teacher (love that)
  2. yoga class/sign up once a week
  3. use my infrared sauna we have at home daily (for 20 - 30 minutes)
  4. use energy techniques to clear my head (tapping, body talk, healing touch) Carol Tuttle had a type talk on facebook and it was about "the shoulds"?

 "I should be thinner-  I should socialize with friends more -  I should invite people over to my house- I should be more settled - I should not be such a loner - I should... I should not....I did her tapping session (where you tap on your forehead and temples and under the eyes and under the nose and on the chin and on your chest and you say out loud the 'shoulds' and should-nots and then when that is completed just press both hands on the heart centre or your chest and breathe it all in and out.

Today my High Blood Pressure was back down to 129/84 for the first time in many weeks
I am keeping up the yoga and infrared sauna sessions

note to self is that  when vitals go up it is always the mind that tells the body how to hold the craziness in as  the body will hold all right and keep everything tight until you release the stuff!



Dr. Donna Kirk
Kirkville Therapy



No comments:

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!