TGIF tribute and accomplishment

IT'S FRIDAY and..I am TRUSTING the weather to provide what we need today...sunshine and rain. I want both!

Here is a tribute to my father-in-law Grampa Kirk.
Sir Wilford Hiram Kirk
February 18, 1918 - July 29, 2009 - aged 91 years.

{here he is playing cards at Christmas time 2008}

I am GRATEFUL to have been your daughter-in-law and thanking you for showing me how to "soldier" on in life.


I am INSPIRED by Tom's determination. He achieved this climb on the 2nd highest wall in Western Canada a couple of weeks ago. This climbing wall is in Regina at the Science Centre. Another goal has been accomplished.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Very nice post Donna - and good for Tom climbing up that wall! He's very brave!! (Or I'm very chicken...ha ha...)

katrina lauren said...

sorry to hear about grandpa kirk...i know how much you thought of him!
thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I am searching for Wilford Kirk who served in The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders in WWII. Some of his written remembrances will be included in the 100th Anniversary book that will be published later this year. We need a picture of Wilford to include with the text.
Please contact me at asutton@mts.net to discuss further. Thank you.

Art Sutton
asutton@mts.net

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!