those sad days......
Today, was a very different Jan 15 than the previous ones. I got up and put on my beautiful "turkish" terry cloth bath robe Brian got for me at Christmas and stayed in it until about 1 p.m. I also have been leaving a voice message on Tom's phone in Lethbridge the past couple of days with a daily scripture/quote from this lovely book a neighbour gave me a few days ago. (called On a Wing and a Prayer - words of comfort to lift your spirit). Tom looks forward to these. In December I donated a substantial sum to the United Church of Canada as a Memoriam for Graham.. The money has gone to the Mission and Service Fund. I received a beautiful "With Sympathy" card and inside it said to honour the life of Graham Kirk.......I then just received a nice letter from the Mission and Service Fund a week ago and they wrote and told me how much they appreciate these funds and where there are being placed. That was the best thing that happened this month! I will be doing it again. I used to put a picture in the paper (memoriam with a picture of him and a nice verse, etc). But not this year - so I feel pretty good about honouring him in a different way. what a thoughtful friend you are to remember....I can feel your hug across the miles...