Rodents Beware Read If You Dare

Moles are so ugly.  I have not seen one face to face so I looked it up
on google images.

I was grossed out when I saw this image of a Mole


Brian is pretty good at trapping them and preventing an onslaught
of this dirt digging rodent in our horse pastures. Ugly right?

If the monitoring of Moles was not done our pasture would be full of
deep holes for the horses and us to trip in;  could be serious leg injury for
animals.


boring video on setting Mole Trap


facts about Moles


Since we moved here 5 years ago,  hubby has had to purchase traps
and learn about how to trap them.  
------------------------------------------------

onto another rodent.......

We have Voles scurrying under our
deck this spring.

This is our Vole trap


click here for facts about Voles




We have also seen Badger holes on our pasture walk recently.

This is what a Badger looks like.

This is a Badger pasture hole



Other than these rodents, besides a few gophers, (we have one striped gopher
that we keep as a pet.)

  He is very harmless and doesn't dig big destructive holes.

If you read to the end of this post , good for you!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I made it to the end with great interest. I am fighting the rodent fight as well. I don't have moles but I have pocket gophers which do the same thing and I use a mole trap to catch them. Took me awhile to figure out how and I will use a few of Brian's ideas. We just got the striped gopher last year and I would be cautious of keeping him as a pet. I remember when plain old gophers were a nuisance but now don't think they were so bad. What is the vole trap?

Donna said...

the Vole trap is not really a trap. It's a vertical tube with a threaded rod with a stick of mouse poison. The voles go through either end of the cross tube and nibble on the poison and eventually get sick.

new website

This blog will stay as an archive. I am posting over here now: The Flash Speaks See you in the new place!